July 14, 2011

Happy Bastille Day!!

Happy Bastille Day!!


This special day seems like an ideal time to pay tribute to the country that has been so good to me over the years. When I first arrived in Paris in 1999, I immediately knew I was someplace special – someplace that would mean more to me than most other places I had ever landed. Indeed that three-week trip was so very special to me, that everything surrounding the memories of it are happy ones. It was the first time I had been away from my family for more than a few days, and it didn’t even faze me. I was taken with the newness and à la fois oldness of the places we visited in those three weeks. And when we left, I was already counting down until me next visit – which wouldn’t be until four years later, but worth every minute of the wait.

Here are a few things we love about La France:

La tradition

Les marchés


Le pain!

Le fromage - all 600 kinds

Les raisins et le vin (grapes and wine)

Les tartes!

Cheers to France and the love affair that we have shared!


No comments:

Post a Comment