December 18, 2009

Cartes d'Art - Setting the Record for How Long I Can Spend in a Shop

I love Saint Germain. No, not Boulevard Saint Germain so much, with all those frou-frou shops. I love the area more down toward Saint Sulpice where everything is gloriously charming.


I don’t even remember how it happened, but a couple of years ago I came across this wonderful little shop in the 6ème called Cartes d’Art and now I’m ashamed to admit how much I spend on cards there. But I don’t even have to buy anything to feel good in this shop. It satisfies the writer in me; it makes me want to write, whether it’s a note to a friend, an observation in the metro, or a diary entry.


That is because they sell more than just their own darling signature post cards. They also sell their very own lines of notepads and notebooks splattered with all the cutest French characters and sayings you could imagine. It’s enough to make me buy a new cahier every time I see the latest designs – even if I haven’t filled the last one! The shop carries other lines of cards too, just not in their entirety. It is clear, though, that the buyers look for cards with similar charm to that of Cartes d’Art because I cannot stress how super mignons they all are! If you’re ever in the area, I highly recommend this little shop on this quiet but charming street.


9 rue du Dragon
75006 Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment